Tuesday, June 12, 2007

All time greats....

This next post might just prove to people that I clearly have to much time on my hands. As a huge fan of Pro Evolution Soccer series I tend to do a degree of editing. The games biggest weakness in relation to say the FIFA series of games is its limited licsencing regarding real teams and players. It's improved now but if I want to play as Motherwell I need to put them in myself, this I do as a matter of course every year.

What I do like though and I don't know if FIFA has this as well is that it has Classic teams, Brazil, Argetina, Holland, Italy, Germany, France and England teams comprised of legends, Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Beckenbauer et al. Again the names are a bit mangled and it takes a fair bit of work to work out who is who. But I like to fix it so they have their real names. I edit in a Classic Motherwell team as well so I can play with Tommy Coyne, Dougie Arnott, Willie Pettigrew, Davie Cooper and others. Though given the other classic teams are international teams I finally got round the other day to do a Classic Scotland. Team is as follows:-

Jim Leighton

Sandy Jardine Colin Hendry Alan Hansen Danny McGrain

Jimmy Johnstone Billy Bremner Graeme Souness Jim Baxter

Denis Law Kenny Dalglish

With another full XI of reserves including Willie Miller, Alex McLiesh, Davie Cooper, Archie Gemmell, Joe Jordan, Asa Hartford, Maurice Malpas, Tom Boyd, Gary McAllister, Eric Caldow, Andy Goram, Ally McCoist.

That to me looks like a no half bad team, though I was a bit unsure about the right backs. I couldn't think of a truly outstanding candidate I was familiar with. Indeed a few choices were obviously based on reputation. Is there a better Scotland team than the one above?

For my next edit I fancy doing a rest of the World XI, fae relatively wee nations not given a classic team of their own, likes of Eusebio, Hagi, Michael Laudrup, Stoichkov, Valderama, Puskas, Best and so on. Anyone can think of world class full backs in particular from relatively diddy nations I'd like to know of them.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger theseeker said...

how about Kai Johansen and Steve Staunton for your fullbacks?

10:27 AM  
Blogger Just Some Guy said...

Staunton I considered and rejected. Solid enough player but didn't do it for me.

Hadn't heard of the other guy, trust you to nominate an ex rangers player. He's no getting in. :-)

I've since added Robert Jarni of Croatia, mind seeing him play in the 98 World Cup, was a quality attacking full back.

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home