Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I think I'm paranoid

Someone sent me a text last night totally out of the blue and I spent about an hour wondering why they were texting me. I did reply and more texts were exchanged. It was just a bit of chat, but seemed to me totally odd. Nothing of great import was mentioned or discussed. One of the guys from my fitba team.

Is my reaction paranoid or normal. Trying to think of an analogy to better explain it. The way I see it you have your friends and family that you see and speak to regularly. You have other friends who aren't maybe as close or for whatever reasons outside your immediate circle at any given time. I play football with this guy and see him at the football at Motherwell games, I get on with him well enough but you know wouldn't say good pals. Not that I don't like him, but he's somewhere in between being a friend of a friend and a close pal. To say he's just someone I know sounds a bit cold but he's not my bessy mate either. We don't arrange to do shit outside of the football. I've never and until now neither has he to my recollection phoned or texted me for no reason.

You can see why I'm wondering if I'm paranoid I'm clearly over thinking this, he was probably bored at a lose end, texted a few people for a bit of chat and no more. I not sure I should post this now, your all gonna think I'm a bit weird :-)

Which maybe true I think in general I have a low opinion of people and I can probably seem quite cool in an emotional rather than say stylish way to people. I wouldn't say I make friends particularly easy so I value the ones I do have. I get quite annoyed at myself for friendships I've kinda let dwindle over the years since I left uni, but who hasn't.

Anyway before I get to maudlin think I'll sign off here as I've another topic I want to have a ramble about.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home