Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Health and eating etc

For the past few months I've tried to eat more fruit and veg, mostly fruit. Whilst I can eat and enjoy some vegtables I cannot abide them even remotely cooked. It's a texture thing as much as anything else. I can enjoy a bit of side salad, or a carrot. Cooked onion I can just about cope with, that is the exception to the rule.

I still don't really know if I am eating healthily, I've all but cut out takeaway foods, pizzas, chips and cheese, chip shop food. A very rare indulgence. I started eating a bit more fish, not the chip shop variety but despite eating a lot of pasta and rice based dishes I probably eat to much fatty foods. Cream and cheese is a bit of a weakness and it gets fired into to much of what I eat probably.

I still feel mostly healthy, although not noticeably more since I made more of an effort to eat more fruit and veg, it's bloody difficult to get your five portions a day every day. I don't consider myself a health freak, I like to keep fit to enjoy playing football and the like. I'll eat a bit of chocolate or other dessert style dish fairly often and not feel guilty about it, I don't want to have a heart attack at 40 becuase I clogged up my arteries either though.

Maybe I should go for a physical check up, although I not feeling that paranoid to fork out money for one.

An average day lately is a bit of fruit for breakfast, today an apple and some grapes. Lunch would be a couple of bagels with cream cheese or leftover dinner my previous day if there is any. Dinner pasta or rice dish with some sort of meat, chicken, steak, mince, smoked sausage. Maybe a bit more fruit later and possibly some sweet treat.

As for calories, no idea.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home