Wednesday, April 11, 2007

political compass

I'm sure you've seen the political compass website before, I think i've taken the questionnaire at least 3 or 4 times now. I've always been economicaly left and socially libertarian, but I wonder how much I change, I found my latest position on graph suggests not a lot.

If anything I've probably moved further left and more libertarian. I made a note of my answers this time, as there are always a few where I'm not that sure and an agree could easily have turned to a disagree, or strongly agree reduced to an agree. I wonder how much further right if it would place me if I merely agreed rather than strongly agreed on a lot of questions. I take the whole thing with a pinch of salt. I do like the fact that it's the Dai Lai Lama and Nelson Mandela in my little quadrant rather than the Mugabes, Bushes and Blairs in the authoritarian top half. There seems to be a distinct lack of examples in the libertarian economic right, I'm sure there must be some, surely not all right wing types have a penchant for jackboots?

If anyone cares to discuss answers to any particular question in the questionnaire, feel free to ask.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a wee bit more up and to the right - as opposed to Bill Hick's "Back and to the left" ;-) - than you
http://www.politicalcompass.org/printablegraph?ec=-4.63&soc=-3.28

I think some of the questions were a wee bit too narrow. e.g. the one about women staying at home to raise kids - I said that they shouldn't but it would be better to ask if somebody should!

12:20 PM  
Blogger Just Some Guy said...

Questions about protectionism in trade I'm not 100% sure on, I done a bit of economics and in theory it's not exactly inherantly evil but protectionism from EU and USA is probably not a great thing. We're meant to be economically strong and it's more than likely it's developing nations that suffer from it, but try telling that to someone who's just saw their job get moved elsewhere due to being able to pay less wages and lower costs etc.

Also whilst i presume they can how the fuck am i meant to know how well first generation immigrants can integrate, can't see why they can't but there are obvious barriers.

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home