Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Bladerunner: The Final Cut

I do thoroughly reccomend you go see this film should you have the chance, I went to see it at the weekend and was stunned by how good it was. I was expecting to enjoy it rather a lot but I must have seen it half a dozen times before now and have the Directors Cut edition on DVD so wasn't expecting to feel so much of a difference.

The cinema itself isn't a huge multiplex so while at first the screen seemed a little small compared to modern standards once you get into it was still light years ahead of even a nice big LCD or plasma. When combined with the sound(Which unlike my local Vue in hamilton is set nerve shreddingly loud) it adds to an incredibly powerful viewing experience that only cinema can provide. That said I haven't tried turning up the volume on my telly really loud and just sitting right close up.

Twenty five years on and Sean Youngs characters big shoulderpadded jacket aside and you wouldn't think it had dated at all. It still looks stunning, dark and wet and grim but stunning. It's a film both beautiful and disturbing, a haunting music score fits it all perfectly and if you want to know what it's about there is a great deal of room for interpretation. For my money it's essentially about the value of life, which might sound a bit vague but I don't really feel upto a full on review.

I'm very tempted to go see it again lest they not release on it's 30th anniversary in 5 years time.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home