Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Writing difficulties

I'm finding it easy to find and write down the ideas of what I want to happen, how I want it structured but committing it to actual writing is like pulling teeth at the minute. Had a spell like this whilst writing book, I just started and it came easily, then I stopped to think about it and it was like I was walking a high wire fine without noticing and then having become aware of what I was doing I find myself nervously tip toeing very slowly.

As for the book, well got about 3 weeks before the suggested deadline that one should expect to hear within will be passed. No great surprise, the rejection long anticipated isn't a huge bother it's the irritation that I know I have to at least try and punt it elsewhere, involving a more complicated process initial letter, a synopsis, a sample and so on rather than an in one simple submission procedure.

I need to kick myslef up the arse really, I'm going to tidy up my working space this afternoon and try and get a wriggle on. I've only got about 10 pages of what should be about 100 pages worth, I want it complete early in the new year, had hoped for it to be completed by end of this but nil chance of that now. If I can get a wee spurt before the end of the year that will be encouragement enough.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home