Tuesday, June 26, 2007

It is done! Complete, finished!

Well for submission anyway. I've spent this morning refocused and made the final small changes to the end that I mentioned. I also completed the edit on the epilogue which didn't need any signfiicant changes to it. So next time I take anything to do with this piece of work after I've been on holiday it will be to re-read through the writers and artists guidebook for tips on composing a letter and garnering advice on submitting it to appropriate publishing companies.

I feel pleased at having set my mind to this task and completed it. Although I should probably really only consider the task completed when some letters are in the post. Irrespective of interest in it after that it will have been job done. I will concentrate on other writing projects, a screenplay for definate because I already started it. I have ideas for other novel projects, slightly more ambitious in scale some of them. A short story or two I have ideas swirling around in my head. I'll take my notebook on holiday and possibly sketch them out a bit.

Anyway some basic facts and figures about my first novel:-

91369 words (including chapter titles)
500035 characters (as in letters not people)
22 chapters (not including a prologue and epilogue)
7 principal characters
12 secondary charcters (that I can remember right now some with a single speaking part, some almost main characters they involved quite a lot)
set in the year 2237
set in locations including but not limited to Dundee(Abertay Uni campus included), moon and orbital space stations, a space station orbiting Mars and a couple of spaceships in various locations.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home