Tuesday, June 19, 2007

editing, so close to being finished....

...to the point I could be finished this afternoon, but it might still be a few days. Basically I have went through the whole thing, fixed the annoying quotation issue all of 20 chapters worth(out of 23). Rewritten bits here and there, hopefully tightened up some dialogue, exposition and general pacing etc. Not to mention typos, spelling etc.

So I got to the end and I am still not done. Why? I think the end is to abrupt, I've chopped it a bit short and I need to write a little more. Not as lot though I don't think. I don't need screeds and screeds or lord of the rings style multiple endings. I just need a few paragraphs more to make the ending seem less like I just stopped in the middle of a scene.

I came ot this conclusion the other day as I read through those final pages and I already made a few notes. Just need to sit and put thinking cap on again and see if I can't find something I'm happy with. A little bit more of what has happened in other parts of the world is needed. After that do I leave it on some sort of a bombshell ending or quietly leave characters to continue on in some unknown future?

I have written an epilogue thing for afterthe final chapter, if I add an extra bombshell it might mean rewriting that considerably. I daresay once I start writing whatever feels write will come and I won't need to make to much of a conscious decision.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home