Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Baws

Last game of football for a while and had a bit of a mare. A bad start when I realised I had left my usual shinpads and boots elsewhere and had to make do with my mouldies. I don't like them on a hard astroturf surface, feel like tottering on high heels until you get used to them again and it is easier to go over on ankle. And with no shinpads for last game before holiday not ideal. Didn't stop me going in hard on guys twice my size so I can't say that had an effect. When you start playing like you are trying not to get hurt is when you'll most likely get hurt so I don't believe in being timid, well with the odd excemption of jumping out the way like a girlie when a well struck shot is heading my way about face height.

What did have an effect was that I felt my dinner churning about for at least half the game, not good. I had it my usual time, no idea why I felt it. A few heavy touches early on hit the confidence before a fine first time oppurtunistic strike flew into the net to at least help salvage some dignity. I did have some other positive contributions, including help set up a couple of goals and the odd decent defensive block but it was very much an off night. Timing and touch were off, generally sluggish.

On the plus side it was 6 v 7 and despite being below par and in the team of 6 we won by about 3 goals in the end. My team mates must have been on their game tonight, thank god mondays game of 5's was considerably better or I'd be off on holiday in a state of anxiety about my poor form. Not being a naturally gifted player confidence is a big thing and when you have it you are ten times the player than when you start doubting yourself. Still I'll be hitting the gym tomorrow and that will make me feel a bit better, though it's hardly enjoyable. Feeling in quite good shape lately so not managing to bring out a bit more tonight was doubly disappointing.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger theseeker said...

what you talking about. You were pish on Monday too!

9:55 AM  
Blogger Just Some Guy said...

It's all relative though!

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home