Friday, February 23, 2007

Back editing

Another chapter completed, thats twenty now. Three more to go, probably the most difficult as I try to wrap it up in a satisfying manner. Then a final mini edit before complete read through and final edit before any potential submisison.

There is one task hanging ominously on the horizon. I had never tried to write a book before, and at the start things like how does one do it, spacing, paragraphs, new lines etc, how to differentiate characters speaking from characters internal thoughts and descriptive text etc were things I was very unsure of. It's only now that I've noticed I put most of the dialogue in quotation marks, "Why, hello," said Jim*. I noticed reading for leisure the other day that it's only single marks generally used, 'Not bad at,' I replied. I shall have to go through the entirety of the text and change it, a bit of a pain but no matter.

*Not actual dialogue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home