Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I was tempted to wait....

....another couple of days to post again about the novel. Just completed the ninth chapter. That's chapters 1-9 for those that have kept semi up to date with my progress. Unlike earlier in the process where I'd written chapter six before chapter five. I have been posting my word count, 40,000 sounds better than 38,400 or whatever it is exactly so I had thought of waiting until I passed that barrier. However tomorrow and possibly some of friday depending on how long it takes I'm going to print it out either in it's entirety or the last three chapters and read over review and edit. So that might well be start of next week before I pass through the magic number, and well I wanted to post a blog about something this week.

I've been meaning to order a copy of the 2007 writers and artists yearbook, I only knew of it's existence as I found a 1999 copy lying around the house for no discernable reason. It lists everything from advice to basic knowledge like lists and contact details of publishers, literary agents etc. It's something to plough through and find places where to send this when it's done. It's a bit of a source of anxiety however as i'm reluctant enough to let anyone I know read it. Have this horrible idea they'd read over it, hand it back with a shake of the head and a look of pity in their eyes. I suppose a KB letter wouldn't be quite so bad, impersonal isn't always bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home