Thursday, August 10, 2006

A Novel landmark

That's a seventh chapter finished and the 30,000 word mark breached. It's been a very stop start year and this last two weeks has been the most productive spell since way back in November and Decemember last year when I started.

To recap, from around last christmas due to general festivities etc there was a break which due to unfortunate circumstances which I don't want to dwell on and have thankfully been resolved led to about a solid three month break in the writing progress. Around April and May I got back into it, but it took a while to get going. I did some serious thinking and planning on the novel then which hopefully shall reap rewards in the writing process now. I also did some other non book writings which I hope to develop at a later date. Then I was away on holiday and despite taking the manuscript so far with me to review and edit remained untouched in the Turkish heat.

So it's only finally in the last couple of weeks that I've got back into something of a rythmn. I'm still easily distracted, hence by absence from msn and yahoo messengers during the day however I've been getting up at more standard hours and working more seriously towards the goal of finishing this project. It's not going to be finished overnight, next week or next month but if i can keep it up hopefully it'll near completion before the year is out. Must stay focused!

Nov-December -21,000 words
Jan-June - 3500 word(ish)
Last fortnight- 5500 (more or less)

Give or take a few hundred here and there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home