Friday, August 04, 2006

I'm not lost on a desert island

The blog has been very quiet of late and not from a lack of things to write about, in terms of world news the situation in the middle east has been horrendous and well worth commenting on. I have chosen not to lately for a few reasons. I've been trying to be a bit more disciplined in working on my book since i got nothing done on holiday or much the first week back with it leading up to Leeds trip. I chose not to write on the war crimes of Israel in particular as i had just been reading a book called Tell Me No Lies edited by John Pilger, it contained a piece by Robert Fisk called Terrorists about the massacres of Sabra and Chatila. It left me feeling sick, and i don't think i'd have written anything remotely balanced immediately after reading it, indeed i may have been at risk of writing something vitriolic and borderline offensive. So i'm trying to concentrate on my book the now, i shall be getting back to the grindstone in a few minutes, although i definately reccomend the above book although i'm only about halfway through it myself, especialy if you are a journalist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home