Monday, May 12, 2008

Creative funk

I not been writing lately, there has been stuff going on that has been a distraction but to be honest some of it was almost welcome to avoid writing, I had came to the conclusion that what I was writing at the time wasn't satisfying and my heart wasn't in it. But in last day or two an idea has been forming that is giving me enthusiasm to try and develop it into something, what format I don't know. I had been trying to write something in screenplay form and that in itself wasn't the problem, indeed if anything it was simpler. To my mind a screenplay is like the skeleton of a story and I think in many ways it doesn't require as much skill with words themselves as it requires imagination to tell a story and the ability to visulise it. If you want to set something say in an area of London, you can set it there without having to have the same amount of knowledge of the place to describe it with same level of authenticity.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home