Monday, December 17, 2007

Tomorrow

I shall finish my christmas shopping and see Bladerunner again at the GFT, now that more than makes trawling through glasgow on a cold winters day worthwhile. That said it's crisp, cold and dry days ahead on the weather forecast so not complaining. It's almost like proper winter weather, my only concern is that football in the evening could get frozen off. Despite the so called all weather surface.

No real chance of snow though, I have vague memories of proper snow inches deeps but must have been a long time ago. Outside of removing myself to the alps or somewhere more mountainous doubt we'll see proper winter weather like you get on christmas cards ever again. I wonder ever since the ice queen (Margaret Thatcher) was deposed has there been a proper winter or have I been confusing the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrope.

We got read that book at school and I loved the story, and the BBC childrens telly adaptation. The big film version wasn't that great but I was gutted to learn it was half a christian parable, which when you consider I almost decided to go and see the Golden Compass solely on the basis that the US catholic church was attacking it is something I'm always likelly to find off putting. It shall never quite be the same again

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home