Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Football tales

Is there a worse thing in the beautiful game than getting whacked in the nadgers with the ball? Three times now in the last 6 weeks I've been hit in the most delicate of areas, one time so hard I was felled to the ground. Given I play football at least twice a week, usually three times and very occasionallly four times you might think it's part and parcel but I can't honestly remember such regualarity of ball bashings ever. I would go back years to the last time I was unfortunate enough to get hit even once and it has been on the same monday night fives each time. Indeed and I might be mistaken but it's close to every second week over the last six weeks or so. If it happens again in a fortnight I'm gonna have to start playing the other week when I'm not due to get hit in the plums.

On the plus side my 11's team has won it's last two games, after a rather nightmarish start to the season losing four out of the first five games. A 9-1 demolition of local rivals Airdrie was nice but no real boost as they are pretty rancid(apparently there manager jacked it right after the game, can't blame him getting gubbed so badly by our team on recent form) but on saturday there we went down to Ayr and won 4-2. We only had 11 players and considering we had slumped to a 6-1 home loss to them a few weeks prior it made for a hugely satisfying victory. Even more so as from 3-0 up at half time less than 10 minutes into the second half we were only 3-2 up but we held firm and grabbed a fourth to seal the win. Only downside for me was an Elphias Shivute(think Forrest Gump) moment running down the wing at pace and sort of forgetting to stop as a heavy touch meant i ran all the way out the park rather than as intended driving into heart of 18 yard box with only one defender to beat.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home