Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Pro Evo 6

Probably my favourite computer game, until PES7 comes out anyway, and testing my skills in a tournament tomorrow. It's being organised via a Motherwell FC fans website, so I know a few of the other entrants though I haven't played against many of them at the game. I'll be quite happy to get through the group stages and not shame myself but I'd be more than a bit pleased if I managed to win it. However I know that one of the guys entering isn't to shabby at all at this game seeing as he got his picture into the instruction manual for PES5 after winning a national tournament, he is clearly the hot favourite.

I think I'm not to bad at the game myself but my biggest weakness I think is my lack of human opponents, I only played against two different people outside of one player mode lately and people tend to be a completely different kettle of fish. I remember back playing original PES or PES2 and caning the game and a few casual players I'd played against only to come up against an opponent who played considerably more multiplayer action and got caned 3-0. A hard fought 1-0 win in the second game restored some dignity but again spanked 3-0 in the best of three decider. A dose of reality was served up but at the same time it was great to step up and play someone better at the game, it helps lift your own standards.

So I'm hopeful that if I get a decent draw in the group stage I can get through whilst getting some good practise in against human opponents and make a decent stab at getting to the final. I suspect there will be a good few decent players in there though and anything from last 8 onwards I wouldn't be to upset with.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home