Tuesday, July 17, 2007

holiday

Was most most enjoyable. Stayed in a different apratment this year, was nicer than one from previous years, which had nothing wrong with it. Air conditioning in both bedroom and living area was a huge bonus. Though for first day or two it did seem a bit odd and little bit longer to totally relax and feel comfortable, though not to long as it was really good.

Apartments had a shared pool but for all any other guests used it bar last couple of days was as good as private. Hard to say what the highlight was. Boat trip day out is always good, though got a little burnt. Fortunately noticed it quickly enough and covered up a bit but was nippy for a day or two, though nothing to bad and didn't peel. Got a fairly healthy tan, though for some reason upper arms just don't tan that well.

Also the food is rather magnificent, from fairly simple if large and delicious rolls filled with salami, cheese, onion, mayonnaise for lunch to king prawns, steaks, a whole host of chicken lanb and more traditional turkish dishes. Though with exception of one restaurent there was a strange chocolate pudding shortage. Something of a mystery and becamse something of a mission to get one as in five restaurents I ordered one but they didn't have any. Fortunately the one I did have was outstanding.

I'm not a huge sun worshipper but it hard to beat sitting reading in the sun before cooling down with a dip in the pool. And while it's not really that healthy for you you do tend to look a bit healthier with a wee bit of a tan than peely wally Scottish complexion. Though I should add a natural tan not Jimmy Calderwood/Tommy Sheridan orange permatan from constant sunbed usage. A route I won't be going down.

I read all but two of the books I took, I finished Reasons to be Cheerful, A Hat Full of Sky, Chomsky on Anarchism, A Little History of the World, No War: Americas real business in Iraq and two late additions Peter Marinellos autobiography and Armed Madhouse by Greg Palast. All of which I enjoyed immensely though often for different reasons. I started The Prince but after what I'd already read I wasn't really in the mood for it, could have used a bit of lighter reading by end of holiday. Though I did then get onto Power: A new social analysis and despite not really qualifying as light reading it again has been an interesting read so far.

Also on the way home I bought House of Bush/House of Saud by Craig Unger largely because well I had heard of it and sounds interesting and in top right of the cover it said banned by amazon.co.uk which may or may not be true but I was tired and it was bit of an impulse buy in that regard. Still looking forward to reading it once I finished Power. Though I'll probably read naother Terry Pratchett book I have that I not read yet first.

Anyway to sum up, I had a good time, it was relaxing and fun as well. Look forward to going back.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home