Thursday, September 13, 2007

Stunned

I spent most of last night and this morning making odd sighing noises of surprise and bewilderment at the superb result last night. It's hard to get my head round, I don't think I've ever witnessed Scotland do something as incredible as winning a meaningful qualifier against a team as good as the French in their own backyard.

To be honest we're still miles away from qualifying, but if we do keep it going and make it to the finals you have to say whiles it's been a hell of an achievement just to get there if we can get there from this group you have to believe that the team is capable of winning the whole fucking tournament. I'd caution against silly season optimisim but if and it's still a big if, if we get there I'd hope the players believe in themselves and do themselves justice. Look at what Greece managed at the last one.

I'd still happily settle for us just getting there and doing our usual out after the group stages, certainly if we get a decent WC qualifying group to look forward to after.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home