Tuesday, September 13, 2005

If i had a brain i would be dangerous!

If you read a post a made about a week ago, entitled i just nearly made a complete tit of myself you will appreciate this next little anecdote even more. Off i went today to my new dentist for a checkup, i get there and head to the reception desk giving them my details i get a puzzled look in response, so the recptionist asks for my appointment card which i promptly hand over. She scrutinizes it closer than i ever did and gets to the crux of the problem, i am there at the wrong time. Indeed i am there on the wrong day, and i am even there on the wrong month!

Don't ask me how i could get it so spectacularly wrong after almost making the same mistake only a week previously, it was just sheer carelessness on my part. I did have a valid argument that an 8 looked a lot like a 3(thinking it was the 13th of this month rather than the 18th of as it turns out next month) but mistaking which month the appointment was in was not really one i could explain away.

Still it could have been worse, they were quite good and managed to fit me in today without waiting to long. I daresay if they hadn't i would have been to mortified to return and would even now be sitting here diligently putting off the search for a new dentist. Unfortunately when i do return i shall be getting a couple of fillings.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Superb - getting the wrong day is bad enough but the wrong month is even better :-)

12:34 PM  
Blogger Just Some Guy said...

cringed i did!

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home