Monday, August 01, 2005

Where did i go wrong?

I was reading in the Independent on the bus home tonight about a new type of people discovered by marketing types. The 'New Geek' a generation brought up in the 80's who spent the bulk of their time playing on their Amstrad, now i don't think i'm that geeky(eh you like science fiction, computer games, have a blog...ok there maybe a case to be made) and it was a ZX Spectrum in my bedroom. I obviously didn't spend enough time on it as i'm certainly not in the ranks of the 1 in 5 'new geeks' that are earning 5ok per year or more.

Ok there might be a good explanation for that, if i spent more time playing it and less time causing it to break maybe things would be oh so different. I used to rather foolishly plug in the power pack and rather than have it connected to my Spectrum i'd take a fork and poke it in the connection to see the sparks it would make. After the second time this knackered it i don't think it was ever fixed again, my next dalliance with computer technology was a more robust Nintendo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home