Wednesday, July 27, 2005

The pain of Football Manager

It had to happen sooner or later, a post about the legendary football management sim once known as Championship Manager. The only reason i'm posting this is because it's a howl at the moon moment, i'm up late, just about to go to my bed myself and there is no one on my msn list to moan about it.

Just lost in a cup final with my current team St.Johnstone, was good even to get there as i know myself that although i got a decent team doing well in my first season in the top division there not many in it that will be there much longer if i can get in the players to take them one step further and get as good a team as i'd like. However the way it was lost, it wasn't so much that it felt like the real thing, it was more i could empathise with just how painful it would be to lose as i did if it had been real.

Lost 2-0 to Rangers, no big suprise but my team only went and missed 2 penalties at 0-0. To make it worse the same player missed twice! I should maybe have went and changed pen taking priority after 1st miss, but what were the chances of getting a 2nd especially against Rangers! Just goes to show that it's a game there rather than reality! I'll wake up in a cold sweat tonight if i dream about Motherwell losing in a similar manner in a cup final i can quite safely say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home