Monday, December 05, 2005

Soon be thinking cap time again

A rather productive day has seen me come close to finishing chapter 3, which would give me 4 complete chapters(Not withstanding reading through it and tweaking here and there). I've got a better idea of where chapter 7 is going to start from than I do chapter 5. Six depends on whether I definately finished with 3 yet. At a point where I can logically end it, I'll double check how long it already is and whether or not I htink events immeidately after what I've written already are better in chapter 3 or 6.

Still I better get back to thinking about where to take chapter 5, do have some ideas, as I hopefully be starting it tomorrow.

Anyone know the average word length of a novel. In the nanowrimo thing that sparked my enthusiasm for this 50,000 words was the target. shouldn't be a problem reaching that, I'll be thrilled when I get to 20,000 mind you.

current word count 17235.

4 Comments:

Blogger shanghai_ultra said...

I'm intrigued by your novel-writing, and wait with baithed breath for it's completion. If you require any proof-reading, I'd be happy to oblige.

Good luck comrade

4:20 AM  
Blogger Just Some Guy said...

i'm attempting to write the kind of book I quite like myself. Not overly serious although if i can get in a bit of own world view shall we say I'd be quite pleased.

Baited breath is one thing, I wouldn't hold my breath however as be least a couple of months before i should be close to finishing 1st draft. Then it will take up a bit of time to tweak it into finished order.

Even then I might decide it's just ganting and wish I hadn't bothered but hopefully not.

Cheers for the best wishes, tell you what you sing Celine Dion was it on kareoke and I'll let you proof read it, a deal? :-)

1:10 PM  
Blogger shanghai_ultra said...

Ha, I managed to get out of singing Celine Dion, the prospect was too humiliating to even contemplate, even if it meant offending a pretty girl. I instead brutally murdered the beatles "yesterday" in an effort not to offend the lady. It was a bit excrusiating.

I can only blame myself for neglecting to enter the establishment under the influence of alcohol.

8:54 PM  
Blogger Just Some Guy said...

I have to admit i'm slightly bemused.

Well the novel writing is going quite well in terms of getting done. I better try make sure it's halfway good now. You'll be wanting excerpts next.

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home