Thursday, September 29, 2005

Smoking or Non Smoking?

With anti smoking laws due to come into force next year? I'm not that sure and i'm not about to go looking it up, if it isn't next year it's the year after. Anyway smoking in public places such as pubs, restaurents etc is due to become illegal.

Now i don't wish to restict anyones civil liberties and being brought up in a pub culture i can accept people smoking in pubs, it's just always been that way. It wouldn't seem right if it was banned. However i can't say that i disagree with the new laws either. They are apparantly designed to protect people like bar staff who don't have a choice of going somewhere less smoky, besides quitting their job or accepting breathing in secondary smoke. Also if the pub environments were less smoky i certainly wouldn't complain.

Then again i'm not addicted to the things and don't have anything to worry about. However i do take umbrage at some twatty artist who doesn't even live in the country being flown over and paid to throw his tuppence worth into the ring by a smoking lobby funded by cigarette manufacturers!

Hockney, go fuck off back to smoke free Los Angeles where you have chosen to live and paint some more dachsunds you fucking twat!

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura Whitaker said...

I just wanted to respond to your response to my blog. This is the spiritual being.
I would like to hear more from you. I think you have an insight I can really appreciate. I was very interested in several of your links and past posts.
I would like to hear more about your thoughts about faith/non faith.
I could not find your email to respond, so I am begining a response by commenting on your blog. (Interesting, I must say)
SB

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home