Monday, September 05, 2005

I created this blog...

...partly as a means of encouraging myself to engage in what happens outside of my own little world more. I do like to read books outside of fiction and the fatuous non-fiction, however i thought a good way to maintain a more regular interest in current affairs would be to write my own thoughts on them and post them for whoever cares to listen.

Right now, although i feel like posting something i just cannot be bothered posting about any of the current major news stories, i don't really have anything i feel i need to add on my thoughts about New Orleans/Iraq and the Bush administration in general. I can't be faffed writing about his lapdog Blair. It's not that i don't care about any of the more serious politcal issues any longer, just right now they are boring me rigid. Although i can't deny as i've followed the coverage of what has happened in New Orleans to entertaining fantasies of Bush getting kicked out of office and sparing the world from the rest of his term in office.

I'm currently reading a science fiction novel called Pandora's Star by Peter F. Hamilton, i think it isn't just ordinary escapism from the world we live in that partly motivates my enjoyment of science fiction but the fact that quite often it portrays a future that is radically different from the one we live in just now and offers thoughts and hopes of real change. Though as it happens thats not really true of this one so far, apart from mad sci fi stuff like wormholes and a rail network that gets you around the galaxy and seeing as it not run by British Rail presumably on time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Just Some Guy said...

i'm so pleased to have finally had a spam comment, i really am!

5:09 PM  
Blogger Just Some Guy said...

deleted forever now of course, incase you are wondering why i am talking nonsense to myself.

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home