Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Donnie Darko

Article about it available here. It is one weird and in my opinion wonderful film. I'm still trying to decide if the original or directors cut was the better version. I think you tend to go with what you saw first. I used to have an argument with a friend over Bladerunner and Bladerunner the Directors Cut*. I thought the directors cut was excellent and the theatrical release which pandered to the studio as a disgraceful waste of a brilliant film. I had happened to see the DC before i saw the orginal release and my friend who liked the original better had happened to see that first.

So seeing as you can't really watch the both with a completely fresh eye i think if you like the film it will be the first version you see that will be remembered more fondly. I like to think it's just my sheer good taste that is the reason i prefer the the DC of Bladerunner but perhaps it could have been different.

*I put a link to amazon where the DC is available. I don't think the original is any longer available and i reckon thats a good thing, but they really should stock it for people that perhaps do like the original or are just like to have both.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home