Tuesday, June 21, 2005

I've written absolutely nothing about Music...

...and it's about time i did. First off what is to my own musical taste. Looking at my CD collection, from when i still bought CD's, does anyone still buy them nowadays they looking like heading into obscurity like tape, and without the same sort of appeal that keeps some Vinyl going.I exagerate a bit i suppose the shops are still full of them but i reckon it is only a matter of time now.

Anyway i'm wandering off topic, sitting in my CD collection and that i'm not embarresed to admit to are The Clash, The Stone Roses, The Doors, Primal Scream, Happy Mondays, James, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Death in Vegas, New Order and on my itunes you'll find Green Day, Guns n Roses, James Brown, The Killers, The Libertines, Rage Against the Machine, The Ramones, The Who and a few other randoms. There is also a bit of of Plastikman, Neil Landstrumm, and various techno although i'm not the connoisseur of techno that this gentleman is.

I've got a very sporadic interest in music, it comes and goes. I certainly think that no one of adult age takes the charts seriously, they are a complete irrelvance aimed only at teenage girls mainly from what i occasionaly see on it. Only mainstream band i've really liked lately were the Libertines but they already seem to have bitten the dust, although in rather brilliant rock n roll style. To many drugs, one band member burgling the others flat, you can't ask for much more from the self destructive genious stereotype.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home